Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Top Time Sheets saved me from fraud!

Posted by admin 
The Top Time Sheets saved me from fraud!
August 10, 2009 01:47PM
Well I was hoping when I purchased this peace of art that it will protect me at all times and it did. Yesterday someone signed up on my site , paid and went ahead and changed email adress and name. Than reported to paypal that this was a fraudulent activity and that someone stole his paypal account. With help of The Top Time Sheets I was able to provide paypal fraud departmant with, ip adress, time loged in, actual name who paid, name change evrery single detail this person did on my site.

Than I was able to block both emails, username, IP adress which helped me stoping this junk from further downloading products from my site.

Trust me if I was using any other paymant system or just paypal I would never be able to find this person. Joomla was also fulled as it was not able to find the original person anymore.

My suggestion to anyone.
1.Do not let users change anything in account accept their password.
2.Set you password generator on because in order to login they have to get that email.
3. Turn off automatic login and change text from "Thank you for joining you can log in now" To " You will receive email with your new password"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login